Choose the best answer from the choices given and blacken the corresponding letter A, B, C
or D on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. How many ______ are there in the word “monotonous”?
A. o B. oes
C. o’s D. os
2. Do you think there’s any possibility of arriving at the gym by ______ bus and still having the time to play ______ basketball together?
A./; / B. a; the
C. the; / D./; the
3. Today, Mary learned in ______ school how to behave well at ______ table.
A. the; / B./; /
C. the; the D./; the
4. Listen, Diana. I don’t care if you ______ the bus this morning. But you ______ late for too many times. You're fired.
A. have missed; came B. would miss; have come
C. missed; have come D. are missing; came
5. It so happened that Mary’s car ______when Jack went to borrow it.
A. repaired B. was being repaired
C. was repaired D. had repaired
6. The president thought it essential that the university ______ general education as a foundation for students’ future development.
A. stresses B. stress
C. stressed D. would stress
7. ______ it not for water, this world would be a lifeless place.
A. Were B. If
C. Was D. Had
8. You ______ driven 70 miles an hour. Now tell me what we shall do with this speeding ticket?
A. needn’t have B. couldn’t have
C. mustn’t have D. shouldn’t have
9. He admitted ______ in love with the girl, but felt too shy to even meet her.
A. to fall B. fell
C. falling D. fallen
10. Did you see a middle-aged man with a scar on his face ______ the street just now?
A. crossed B. cross
C. crossing D. has crossed
11. Monica is not ______ chess player as we expected her to be.
A. so a successful B. as a successful
C. such successful a D. so successful a
12. Walk two blocks and turn right. You can see a ______ shop.
A. little gift nice B. little nice gift
C. nice gift little D. nice little gift
13. Don't worry. Your secret is safe ______ me.
A. with B. for
C. to D. of
14. The spaceship ______ astronauts landed on the moon surface is one of the most expensive items.
A. that B. which
C. in which D. through which
15. People across the world love to visit Paris, a city ______ one can appreciate wonderful works of art and fashions.
A. where B. to which
C. for which D. of which
16. A person of integrity must be kind, public-spirited, and, ______, honest.
A. namely B. all in all
C. above all D. for example
17. The merchandise on display in the shop window ______ not for sale.
A./ B. is
C. are D. being
18. Every man and woman, rich or poor, ______ access to public facilities such as education, health care, public transportation and police service.
A. has B. have
C. having D. are having
19. Neither the Greens nor their neighbor ______ up with the frequent visits by the salesman. They even think about calling the police next time he comes.
A. has put B. puts
C. putting D. have put
20. The average wage-earner devotes a small percentage of his earnings to keeping ______ of achieving some magic change in his life.
A. alive dream the B. alive the dream
C. the alive dream D. dream the alive
Section A：Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words given in the group．
21. am, was, were, would have stopped, stopped, will stop
I ________ in a hurry that day, otherwise I ________ to talk to you for a minute.
22. touch, touches, touching, attaches, attached, attaching
推荐阅读： 2020年10月各省自考报名时间及入口| 2020年自考备考指导及考试技巧