1. Nobody_______what will happen to the meeing.
A.knew B.known C.knows D.know
2. The contract will be awarded to_______submits the lowest bid.
A.whomever B.whoever C.whateverD.whichever
3. Ineffective management resuted_______poor profits.
A.in B.from C.for D.by
4. The bookstore has not ordered text books for all the students in the course.
A.enough of B.enough C.plenty of D.as many
5. He said that he forgot both of the_______.
A.rooms mumber B.rooms' number C.room numbers D.room number
6. In the sillness of the night，the noises_______very_______.
A.heard...loud B.heard...loudly C.Sounded...loudly D.sounde...loud
7. I'm not_______as to tell him the secret.
A.so stupid B.such stupid C.as stupid D.stupid so
8. The photos of Mars taken by sallite are_______than those taken from the earth.
A.clearest B.the clearest C.more clearer D.much clearer
9. Venus approaches the earth more closely than_______does.
A.any planel B.any other planet C.any planets D.any others
10. The attornrey told his client_______they had little chance of winning the case.
A.what B.unless C.that D.which
11. _______relatively more expensive，this kind of engine is highly efficient.
A.Even B.Although C.Because D.As
12. The machine_______at full speed turns out 5000 pieces an hour.
A.ran B.to run C.run D.running
13. Dr. Bell went to New York，bought some books，and_______.
A.visiting his daughter B.to visit his daughter C.visited his daughter D. visits his daughter
14. Filing the corepondence，_______.
A.Andy found the lost document B.and Andy found the lost document
C.the lost document was found D.and the lost document was found
15. The duties of the job include answering the phone，making appointments，and_______.
A.data be collected B.data collected C.collecting data D.to collect data
16. With_______her do this, she will have no diffeulty in finishing the ja B.
A.my helping B.Ihelp C.me helping D.I helping
17. When I met Sue，_______.
A.Sue was a student of Stanford University B.she was a student of Stanford University
C.Sue is a student of Stanford University D.she is a student of Stanford University
18. Mr. Carpenter has done_______business in the Caribbean.
A.a number of B.many C.alot of D.lots
19._______you cannot attend the meeting, please let us know as soon as possible.
A.Because B.If C.That D.Will
20.1 have to finish a_______paper this weekend.
A.two-thousands-words B.two-thousands-word C.two-thousand-words D. two-thousand-word